Maybe I am missing something here but I cannot get the "Generate Pages" feature to work.
What I am doing :
1) I have an imported PDF file. Opening it loads it into Acrobat Reader.
2) I right-click on the PDF file and select "Generate Pages".
3) I select Options and verify that "Extract Images from PDFs" is checked. (preserve pdf annotation is unchecked, as is generate monochrome pages) Batch processing mode is unchecked.
4) I select OK and get the message "Generating pages from the selected documents will replace any existing pages. Continue?" to which I click "Yes".
5) I see the dialog box appear showing things are processing.
6) After that finishes I see the file size changes slightly and the last modified date updates to the current date/time, however, the PDF icon still remains, and if I double-click on it to open it the file still opens in Acrobat Reader.
I was under the impression that "Generate Pages" would turn the PDF file into a native TIFF document and no longer be an electronic document.
What am I missing here?
I have also tried "Use Snapshot Virtual Printer" instead of "Extract Images from PDFs" but the result is the same. It appears to be processing but I am still left with a PDF file.
Oh, and we have Laserfiche Rio and the client version is 188.8.131.528.