replied on September 29, 2016
Hope you are well,
I did use the same procedure you would use if the machine had a non SOP screen.
I know there are 2 methods available on the installation guide, but I used the one where you would open up the .dalp file and edit it with the Server information. Then ZIP the folder up with the License file before loading it to the device.
File is attached below, I have copied through the .dalp configuration I was mentioning earlier (this is found in the installation guide page 11):
* Configure your network/firewall
Ensure your network/firewall configuration allows inbound connections from the Ricoh devices to the Laserfiche Server on the listening port. The default listening port is 80 or 5050.
* Prepare the application ZIP file
Create an application ZIP file that will be uploaded to the MFP device.
1. Open the directory that contains the application:
2. Open the LfConnector.dalp file in this folder and verify the following arguments are set correctly:
–s (Laserfiche Server name), -p (listening port), and –r (repository name)
Other arguments are listed in the Configure arguments in the LfConnector.dalp file section above.
3. Ensure the generated license file (lf.licx) is copied to this directory so that it’s included in the ZIP file created in the next step. See the Laserfiche license section above.
4. Use a ZIP tool to create a ZIP file containing all the files in the above directory. The name of the ZIP file name is not important.
5. Copy the ZIP file to the location where you will perform the installation. You can perform the installation from any workstation that has network access to the Ricoh devices.
Hope this assists you,