You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Directory Services 9.2 Requires SSL Certificate, Could I bypass this and continue to the next step ?

asked on January 20, 2015 • Show version history

Here is from installation procedure,

  1. On the SSL Certificate Options step, select the appropriate certificate from the Local Computer's Personal certificate store.

    Note: Laserfiche Directory Server requires secure HTTP communication. If you bypass this step, you must still configure a valid SSL binding on your IIS website hosting LFDS.

I have a few questions.

1. From note, it means However ,I have to configure a valid SSL (during installation or after installation) before open (https://localhost/LFDS) to do the next step, If I am wrong in this regard, please let me know.

2. Please suggest some easy ways to acquire a valid SSL.

Thank you in advance.

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on January 20, 2015

SSL is required.  You can bypass it during the install but you will still need it after.

You can use a self-signed SSL certificate (i.e. make your own): http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff710475(v=ws.10).aspx

5 0

Replies

replied on January 20, 2015

Thank you very much,

 

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.