asked on August 14

Hi All,

I'm trying to merge an image into a word document in Laserfiche Cloud. I have the signature image saved as Base64 in a text document in the repository.

I've done this previously in self-hosted simply by adding a merge field with the format: «Image:Picture»

If I copy exactly what the delf-hosted documentation says and use Image:Picture as the field name in workflow, it doesn't perform a merge on the field. If I use just Picture it attempts to perform the merge but gives the errror:

Cannot load image from field 'Picture'. The field contains data in unsupported format. Illegal characters in path.

Interestingly, if I do the exact same thing using a Merge Rule in Laserfiche Cloud, it works as expected.

My test workflow looks like this:

Word Document:

Merge Config:

And using this configuration results in the error:

However updating it to the Merge Rule which uses the same document and configuration it runs successfully and I receive the email with the merged image:

Result:

Is there some difference in the way these activities work that I'm missing? For one of the steps in the process I need to use the Update Word Document activity rather than the Merge Rule as it dynamically finds a document in the repository and merges the image into it. From what I can see, the Merge Rule activity only allows you to merge the static document associated with the rule.

I've attached the test Word Template and Base64 Text File file (not a real signature) I've been working with. Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks,

Dan

Merge Test.docx (13.21 KB)
0 0