You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Folder Pane Expand Bug in Windows Client Version

asked on July 29 • Show version history

I noticed this happens a lot after upgrading to LF 12. Hitting the arrow to expand and see subfolders has not been working. It will just show a blank folder. I will have to double click into the root folder to expand. This causes me to lose track of the files I had originally highlighted to move. This happens quite often with 12. Never really had this issue in previous versions. 

Folder Pane Expand.png
0 0

Replies

replied on August 6

Hi Mui,
Thanks for reporting this. To help us investigate further, could you please provide the following information?

  1. The Repository Server and Repository Desktop Client version
  2. The Windows OS version
  3. Does the issue affect only your account, or are other users experiencing the same behavior?
  4. Does this occur with all folders, or only specific folders within the repository?
  5. Does this issue occur on other machines, or only on your workstation?
  6. Is this issue consistently reproducible? If so, could you please provide the detailed steps to reproduce it, along with screenshots or a screen recording demonstrating the behavior?
0 0
replied on August 6

Hi Liping,

1. We are on version 12 for both the server and client

2. We are on Windows 11 

3 & 5. So far only me because only my department (3 of us) uses the client version. The rest of the company uses the web version.

4. It randomly happens with different folders. It can be the same folder in the same day or different folders all day.

6. It does happen daily, but it's not consistent with any specific folder. All I do is click the expand arrow in the folders pane. Most of the time it will expand, but sometimes I will get that empty folder.

0 0
replied on August 9

Hi Mui,

Thank you for the additional details.

At this point, I would recommend opening a case with Laserfiche Support so that we can investigate the issue more thoroughly. Since the behavior occurs randomly across different folders and happens daily, we will likely need to collect logs and additional information from the affected environment to determine the root cause.

0 0
replied on August 12

Thank you. I will open a case as it is still happening quite often every day. 

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.