You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Discussion

Discussion

Feature Request - AI Prompt Rule Config for Form's Uploaded Files

posted on May 19

Referencing my previous question here: https://answers.laserfiche.com/questions/236887/Laserfiche-AI-and-PII#236892

 

I would like to request the ability to have an AI Prompt rule be able to fill out specified form fields for a user who is filling out a form which asks for a document upload.  In my question's example, my form requires a user to submit their Driver's License, but I can't do anything with the AI Prompt until after the form is submitted.  This currently isn't that helpful to the user, even if it does make it easy for people assigned to the process to review extracted metadata by the AI Prompt after submission.

0 0
replied on July 31 • Show version history

Hi Jake,

You've read the current behavior correctly — file tokens run through Workflow, so extraction happens after submission rather than while the submitter is still on the page, and you're right that the value is in filling those fields in front of the person who uploaded the document.

This is a scenario we're actively looking at for Cloud. Document-first intake is where it keeps coming up: resumes on job applications, ID and eligibility verification like your case, invoices on AP intake, supporting documentation on permit and benefits applications. I don't have anything to share on timing.

Thanks for the request.

1 0
replied on August 3

Very cool news, thanks for sharing!  I know the issue of "will this be abused by users" probably comes up, but I hope some thoughtful guardrails can be set to keep it fair to the hosts and helpful to the guests.

0 0
replied on September 8

Saw the new updates and gave it a try on a test form.  Great job, works well and had almost zero setup!  Only thing I'd tweak is to get it to fill in the full "Address" pre-formatted field table.  Splitting it up into its own separate address fields worked great though, so I'm not complaining.

0 0
replied on September 8

Glad to hear and will look into having the extraction support the "Address" pre-formatted field table.

1 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.