You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Laserfiche Snapshot Requiring Login

asked on July 28, 2025

We just recently upgraded to LF 12 so I am not sure if that has something to do with the issue I am seeing.  When users go to print using Laserfiche Snapshot, they have to login each time to to the repository.  I get that logging in the first time makes sense, but each time on the same PC seems redundant.  Is there a setting for Snapshot that will save a users session so they don't  have to login each time they "print" a file to the repository?

0 0

Replies

replied on July 28, 2025

Usually if you open the Snapshot Configuration from the Start Menu and configure it there it will not prompt each time.

0 0
replied on July 28, 2025

Hi Brenda,

To remember the credentials, Laserfiche Webtools Agent needs to be installed on the same workstation as Snapshot. Do you install it?

0 0
replied on July 31

I have this same issue coming up with customers as well, drives people crazy.  It's off a fresh install of Snapshot which automatically grabs OCR and Webtools Agent.  Users have to sign in every time, even after the Snapshot Config tool is set up.  Even signing into the Config tool and minimizing it as a workaround still causes every Snapshot print attempt to require another sign-in.  

0 0
replied on August 5

Which kinds of credentials are you using? Windows User/Repository User/LFDS User.

Could you open support case so that we can investigate more? I guess there may be some misconfiguration on the Web Tools Agent.

0 0
replied on August 6

It's an LF Cloud account with plain LF users.  I did end up opening a support case, which gave me this good article here:  Snapshot Prompts for Laserfiche Cloud Account ID on Every Use – Laserfiche Support

 

Unfortunately, the customer is a little hard to keep on track and get feedback from, so I'm really not sure if this worked for them.  The idea is to uninstall Webtools Agent from the LF 12 Installer (which installed it alongside Snapshot), then reinstall it from LF Cloud's Account Options Advanced area.  Then check there to verify the connection was made.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.