You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Laserfiche Cloud - BP Assign to and Team options

asked on October 16, 2023

Hi,

In the cloud version of Laserfiche, there isn't an option to exclude a user by step ID. Is this something coming in the future? If so, approximately when? What are some workarounds that you all have done?

Also, in Cloud the Team options are very limiting. For example, in my case on-prem, I assign a specific AD group to users based on department in the Identify Providers tab -> Rules, I have added AD groups and then upon sync, users get a assigned a license. This also helps with the maintenance of licenses. From there, I create a team in Forms that consisted of the AD group.  For example, I have domain/dept-001 as a user inside Dept - 001 Form's team. This helps assign a task to all users in that group by using the Assign to -> a team based on variables. I use a drop down to assign the forms. I saw a post about federated groups and if we're able to kind of do the same thing on Cloud. It never got a response. Cloud doesn't seem to allow you to add Laserfiche groups into the Team Options -> Team member. Instead, it appears you have to type all the users one by one. It wouldn't be a big deal for a small company but we have departments that have over 50 or more staff. Having to maintain each group manually is time consuming if users move or leave departments. Is there some kind of add-on we have to pay to have it automate like on-prem? What's a workaround you all have found in the meantime?

Another thing is I know Cloud doesn't have team roles based on this post. It also didn't get a reply back. Will that be an option in the future?
 

2 0

Replies

replied on October 16, 2023

@████████, another business case regarding Teams, Roles and User assignment in Cloud.

3 0
replied on October 16, 2023

I'm told we're working on it =)

2 0
replied on October 16, 2023

Yes indeed. The functionality mentioned in the post are things we're looking in to right now. :)

2 0
replied on October 23, 2023

Thank you for letting me know!

0 0
replied on September 15, 2025

Hi, I wanted to inquire if you all are still working on this.

0 0
replied on August 26

Hi, I wanted to inquire if you all are still working on this.

0 0
replied on September 1

Hi Jasciel! We've released updates to Tasks and Teams earlier this year and are planning another batch of enhancements as well. 

For Team Roles and Task Rule assignments, this was released back in February!
https://answers.laserfiche.com/questions/235017/Enhancements-to-Task-Assignment--Trustee-Management-February-2026-Cloud-Release#235068

You can now add roles to users on a team and also assign based on these roles. Additionally you can also base your assignments on previous step assignments too.

0 0
replied on September 1

As to the federated group, we're working on this so stay tuned!

0 0
replied on September 2

Hi Tesia,
The new team roles and task rule assignments are great!! So happy to hear y'all are working on this. The Federated group in Teams feature would be AMAZING. It would help a lot!!

1 0
replied on September 2

Would love to hear more thoughts and feedback you may have on Teams and tasks assignments! If you are interested in this please let me know and I can reach out!

0 0
replied on September 17 • Show version history

Thanks! I don't have much feedback on that. Once you all have the federated group in Teams feature working, I will definitely provide thoughts and feedback on that.  It's a sorely missed feature from on-prem that would be huge for our organization. As I've said in my initial post, it would cut down the amount of manual team member maintenance that I have to do. That itself would be phenomenal.

0 0
replied on February 12

Hi all!

Any update on this, is there a way of assigning a task to a federated group? Or to map federated groups to Teams?

1 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.