Hi there, we have a client who currently have Laserfiche Server 9.1 on a Windows 2008 server. They only have Teams United licenses and their volumes are stored on a secondary drive (D drive). We are looking to upgrade the LF server to 10.4 on the 2008 server and then migrate to a Windows 2016 server as it seems LF 9.1 is not supported on Windows 2016. In this instance, there are no other Laserfiche applications involved (workflow/forms .etc) except for the Laserfiche server. The steps that we will be taking include:
- Backup the original server prior to upgrade.
- Run the LF Avante 10.4 installation package to upgrade the LF server on 2008 (Then wait for the search indexing to finish).
- Backup the original server post upgrade
- Create backup of the LF server database (.bak file)
- On the new 2016 server install SQL & management studio
- Restore the LF server database on the new server.
- On the original server, stop the LF server services.
- Deactivate to free up the LF server activation key.
- Detach the original server's D drive (where the volumes are stored) and attach to the new 2016 server.
- On the new server, install the LF server and activate using the retrieved key.
- When registering the repository, point to the newly restored database and point to the newly attached D drive volumes.
I have not done a migration before so would just like to check that it is possible, that I am thinking toward the right direction and have not missed any critical steps. Any input from experienced users/administrators/implementers would be really appreciated. Thank you.