You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Checking for errors in Workflow

asked on May 14, 2016 • Show version history

While executing the 'Assign Field Values' activity in a WF, I get an informational message that states 'The data assigned to field 'XXX' is not valid. 9066 [One or more of the required fields were omitted. [9066] [XXX]] [0265-WF10].' I feel this error is very misleading in that the field 'XXX' is valid; the error is due to another field 'YYY' that is blank. Field 'YYY' in that particular template was changed to a required field after the document was created and therefore it seems I cannot update field 'XXX' without updating the required fields (YYY and possibly others), as well.

Functionally that is very sound however, I would like to find a way to check the error code for the 'Assign Field Values' activity so that if it is this or any other informational error, I can write the entry id to a file for processing later. I have tried the 'Try-Catch' activity but it seems that is only for critical errors and therefore the error mentioned in this post would not be caught.

I am running WF 9.1.1.381.

 

1 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on May 16, 2016

Ended up setting the str_value in the propval table to the value that was needed.

0 0

Replies

You are not allowed to reply in this post.
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.