You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Experience with producing data based on the Repository for clients?

asked on May 12, 2016 • Show version history

Hi All,

 

I am wondering if any user has had experience or can advise how I would best use LF to carry out the following;

 

As a company our clients are going to be submitting roughly 15-20 forms a month and we have a number of clients.

 

In our current paper system we have the clients complete a form by hand, detailing the number of forms they have completed that month and return it too us. Ideally though I would really really like a document/form to be produced based on the information available in the repository (date,time, who submitted, who reviewed etc.) and be sent on to the client; replaces the current paper system detailed above.

 

Is this possible?

 

Any help on the above being possible would be great!

 

Thanks!

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on May 12, 2016 • Show version history

It sounds like you could build a Workflow for this. If you store the information you need as metadata when saving a form to a repository (submitter name, email of client, etc.), then you could have a regularly scheduled workflow run to gather data based on this metadata, and produce a document or email. You could use the Update Word Document activity (new in version 10) or Email activity to generate the document with the information.

1 0
replied on May 13, 2016

Brianna,

Thanks for this! I have spoken to my VAR and he has made similar suggestions as you above.

 

Given what I need and the advice I have been given; this is very do-able!

0 0

Replies

You are not allowed to reply in this post.
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.