You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

SDK Maximum Number Of Connections/Sessions For a Single User

asked on May 5, 2016

I have created a Web API that uses the SDK and makes LF connections using a single read-only, full license.  The login uses LaserFiche login credentials, not Windows Auth.

This scenario seems to allow up to 8 concurrent connections.  I have read many times on this site that the maximum number of concurrent connections/sessions for a single user is only 4.  I can't figure out why I am getting 8 concurrent connections.

Are the 8 concurrent connections typical of a read-only, full license?  I want to make sure that when I deploy this to Production that I will continue the get the 8 concurrent connections.

 

Thanks

0 0

Replies

replied on May 5, 2016

Yes, in a Rio setup, you can have up to 8 concurrent sessions per named user. See your other post on the licensing implications though.

0 0
replied on July 12, 2019

Hi Miruna,

Does this mean there will always be 8 connections available even with read/write sessions per named user. and will have same behavior for SDK or CMIS gateway REST api calls.

0 0
replied on July 12, 2019

Yes, a named user can have up to 8 connections open at the same time in a Rio setup. SDK and CMIS connections are not special.

1 0
replied on July 12, 2019

thanks Miruna for confirmation, earlier our assumptions was only 4 connections are possible as given into https://support.laserfiche.com/resources/3500/laserfiche-rio-10-2-frequently-asked-questions

8 connections is happy surprise but hope this behaves same on Live environment.

 

0 0
replied on July 15, 2019 • Show version history

Hi Miruna,

This recently published document also states four for Named Users and eight for Named Devices.

How many connections do Named Devices get under Rio? 

https://support.laserfiche.com/resources/3890/laserfiche-licensing

Regards,

Ben

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.