You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Discussion

Discussion

Integration from Web Access to Discussions (formerly known as SocialBPM) not working

posted on February 26, 2016 • Show version history

I have 3 VMs all running the same OS and the same version of LF VAR kit.  On VM11, I have managed to setup the integration between Forms and Discussions working properly.  If I create a form and enable an FAQ section, whenever the form is used, the user has the ability to post a question to Discussions via the FAQ section.  I have also managed to setup the integration between Web Access and Discussions working properly. On a selected document or folder, a user can click on the More button in Web Access and then click on Discussions, and then create a subpost. 

On my other two VMs (VM5 and VM6), I have also managed to setup the integration between Forms and Discussions working properly.  If I create a form and enable an FAQ section, whenever the form is used, the user has the ability to post a question to Discussions via the FAQ section; however, I have NOT managed to setup the integration between Web Access and Discussions successfully.  On a selected document or folder, a user can click the More button in Web Access BUT it does not show the option for Discussions.  I have double checked and triple checked the configuration parameters for Forms, Discussions, and Web Access and have set them up verbatim as per VM11 which works perfectly.  When I am in the Web Access configuration page, under Services, I enter the Social BPM server URL and then press Connect but the connection fails with the following error message: "Unable to connect to the remote server - More details".  On my VM11 where all integration points between  Forms, Web Access, and Discussions function properly, SSL is used so https has to be specified.  On VM 5 and VM6, I have tried using SSL (https) and not use SSL (http) but it results in the same error code above.  I have tried using local host files and the "ping" command to make sure all connectivity are OK and they all pass.  At this point, I am not sure why I cannot connect to the Social BPM server URL from the Web Access configuration page on my VM5 and VM6.

I am hoping that someone else out there has experienced this and could help me get my other 2 VMs working properly - i.e. get the connection from Web Access to the SocialBPM / Discussions working properly.

Thanks in advance.

Bernie

 

0 0
You are not allowed to reply in this post.

Discussions Integration Troubleshooting

Sign in to reply to this post.