You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

outlook automatically saves document to network drive based on subject

asked on February 9, 2016 • Show version history

I have created this VB but I'm having issues getting it to save to the network so that I can have either Import Agent or Quickfields grab it and process it.

 

Public Sub saveAttachtoDisk(itm As Outlook.MailItem)
Dim objAtt As Outlook.Attachment
Dim saveFolder As String
saveFolder = "C:\Temp"
    For Each objAtt In itm.Attachments
        objAtt.SaveAsFile saveFolder & "\" & objAtt.DisplayName
        Set objAtt = Nothing
    Next
   
End Sub

 

Please note that I am going to change the C:\Temp to a location on the network that IA or QF has rights too.

0 0

Replies

replied on February 9, 2016 • Show version history

Bonnie - Where specifically are you having trouble?  Any error messages?  Is the script balking at instantiating the Outlook objects or when you actually try to save the attachments?

Here is a cleaned up copy of the source with some improvements (which might not fix the specific problem...);

    Public Sub saveAttachtoDisk(itm As Outlook.MailItem)
	    Dim saveFolder As String = "C:\Temp"
	    For Each objAtt As Outlook.Attachment In itm.Attachments
	        objAtt.SaveAsFile saveFolder & "\" & objAtt.DisplayName
	    Next
	End Sub

 

0 0
replied on February 10, 2016

I cannot get it to save to the network or my temp directory.

0 0
replied on February 10, 2016

when I try to use your version I get the following error:  'Compile error:  Expected:  end of statement at the String = "C:\Temp"

0 0
replied on February 10, 2016

Do you have other conditions set on the rule you are using the script for? I use the same script for automatically moving specific outlook attachments to a shared drive on my network and have no errors/issues with it.  

0 0
replied on February 16, 2016

As a follow up... I recreated the logic, and then set up some additional options - works like a charm now.  Thank you for all your help.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.