You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

search syntax for name does not contain

asked on January 28, 2016 • Show version history

This should be so simple, but the syntax is not working! I just need to change the syntax from looking for files that contain GL1 in the name to those that don't, but every not-equal-to operator that I've tried gives me an error.

({LF:Basic~="GL1", option="LTN"}) & {[Member Files]:[Program]="General Liability 1"} & ({LF:Modified>"9/1/2015 11:59:59 PM"}|{LF:Created>"9/1/2015 11:59:59 PM"})

 

This works fine to find files with those criteria that have GL1 in the name. I want the same criteria for files that DO NOT contain GL1 in the name. !=, <> do not work to accomplish this. What should I use? Thanks!

 

For the record, I did an export and found that there are 88 files with this mis-match of being categorized as GL1, but having the wrong designation in the file name - I am trying to consolidate them so I can fix them.

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on January 28, 2016 • Show version history

Hi Danielle,

You can use the "not" operator to exclude items matching a search parameter so something like

{[Member Files]:[Program]="General Liability 1"} & ({LF:Modified>"9/1/2015 11:59:59 PM"}|{LF:Created>"9/1/2015 11:59:59 PM"}) - {LF:Basic~="GL1", option="LTN"}

should work.

3 0
replied on January 28, 2016

Perfect, thank you!

0 0
replied on January 28, 2016

For future reference, being unable to use the <> inequality is specific to the LF:Basic search type . If you want to do {LF:Name<>"*GL1*"}, that would be equivalent to doing an LF:Basic search with the options LTN (Name search with Leading and Trailing wildcards) as you tried to do.

1 0

Replies

You are not allowed to reply in this post.
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.