You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

GetTrusteeByName doesn't work for Groups with space in the name

SDK
asked on October 1, 2015 • Show version history

This one works fine.

LFGroup Grp = (LFGroup)db.GetTrusteeByName("Administrators");

 

This one doesn't work

LFGroup Grp = (LFGroup)db.GetTrusteeByName("Scanning Users");

 

Error message screenshot attached.

Error.png
Error.png (23.87 KB)
0 0

Replies

replied on October 1, 2015

This works for me using LFSO 9.1 and a 9.1 server. To verify, does it work if you rename it to ScanningUsers?

1 0
replied on October 1, 2015

Yes Robert. I tested it using ScanningUsers and it worked fine.

0 0
replied on October 1, 2015 • Show version history

But as I said, it doens't work if I have spaces in between groups names.

 

I am running LF Server 9.2.0.485.

0 0
replied on October 1, 2015

I tried using LFSO90 as shown in the screenshot to query a 9.2.0.485 server and it works...

 

To clarify: when you try ScanningUsers, did you create a new group or rename the old group? If new group, have you tried to rename the old group? If renaming, have you tried to create a new group with spaces in the name?

 

Is the scanning users group empty? does it contain any members (maybe domain accounts) that does not exist anymore? I suspect it's one of the member is missing.

 

Thanks.

0 0
replied on October 8, 2015

So I did large number of changes in the code (and haven't done anything specific to this issue) and somewhere I have got this issue fixed as well :)

I have create a new group (Temp Users) and assigned this to a folder and all works fine.

I then added users in this group, assigned this to a folder and all works fine.

Thanks everyone for the help.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.