replied on August 14, 2015
It seems like your volume may be missing the VOLUME.ID file then. So to confirm, the volume files are still in \\servername\images\volumeName and the fixed path of the volume is set to the same?
- In the Laserfiche Administration Console, create a new volume.
- Go to the location where you created the new volume and copy it's VOLUME.ID file
- Paste the copy of the VOLUME.ID file into \\servername\images\volumeName
- Open the VOLUME.ID file that's in \\servername\images\volumeName using a text editor like Notepad
- Under the [Required] line, you should see a line that reads [NewVolumeName]=[SomeHexValue]
- You will need to change that line so [NewVolumeName] is the name of the actual volume you're working with. As for [SomeHexValue], you'll need to use the correct value for that volume. You can find this by querying the vol table in the database and getting the value stored in the localid column for that particular volume.
- Once the VOLUME.ID file has been modified to use the correct volume name and hex id value, go back into the Laserfiche Administration Console and try changing the fixed path again. Make sure that when specifying the new path, that it is empty first.