You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Workflow activities to create shortcuts for each value of a multi value field

asked on June 9, 2015

Hi, I need to make a shortcut for each value of two different multi-value fields, and I can't figure out how to configure the activites in the "for each value" activity.  For example, I retrieved all values from two different multi value fields (Client Name & Account Number).  I want to name the entry Client Name [1] ~ Account Number [1], and create a shortcut for each additional value in those multi value fields, named Client Name [2] ~ Account Number [2], Client Name [3] ~ Account Number [3], and so on.  I'm sure Workflow can do it.  Please let me know if you have the solution.  Thank you!!
 

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on June 9, 2015

It's probably easier to do with a Repeat since you need to match the 2 values from Client Name and Account Name. You'll want to get the value count in the multi-value field so you know how many times to run the loop. Then use the iteration token to index the multi-value field tokens. That way, on the first pass you get Client Name [1] ~ Account Number [1], on the second Client Name [2] ~ Account Number [2] and so on.

3 0

Replies

replied on June 9, 2015

Thanks Miruna, I hope that works, We did the SQL lookup in the past because we didn't always get the index values to match up

1 0
replied on June 9, 2015

If I am understanding this correctly you are needing to match Account Number index value 1 with Client Name index value 1 and so on. When I was a VAR the only way we were able to do this in the past is to use the SQL table that Laserfiche creates. It has been a long time since I have done that and I don't remember the tables that were used. I recommend that you talk to your VAR on this one since this may take using the Laserfiche SQL tables.

0 0
replied on June 9, 2015

Thanks Miruna!  I think I've used similar activities when I needed to apply a stamp to all pages of a document, and you assisted me with that too.  I'll try that.

0 0
replied on June 19, 2015

How do you get the value count in the multi-value field?

0 0
replied on June 19, 2015 • Show version history

You can read the values with Retrieve Field Values, then run the Value Count token function on the token generated by that activity.

1 0
replied on June 19, 2015

Thank you.  Now I see it in the activity summaries of your example.  I got all my shortcuts moved to the right location with pattern matching, and renamed with the correct names.

 

One more question:  How can I start it on the 2nd iteration, so I don't create a shortcut for client name [1] ~ Account Number [1]?  I'm going to name the entry with those values.

 

Thank!!

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.