You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Feedback on How to Recreate Paper Form in Forms

asked on April 10, 2015 • Show version history

We have the following form that is currently being used in one of our departments to collect data.

I am trying to decide on the best way to recreate this form in LF Forms. I at first created a form that looks like this:

I soon realized that may not be the best option as it will have over 54 rows (1 for each grade K-6). Can anyone else give suggestions on a better way to re-create this form?

Edited (4/22/2015) to redact identifying information

0 0

Replies

replied on April 10, 2015

Hi Blake,

I had a similar issue. In the end I just created a table using the "custom HTML" form item and some javascript/JQuery to populate the table and then more code to write user-modified information to hidden fields. The values that were written to the hidden fields were done so as comma separated values and passed to Workflow when the form was submitted. 

 

-Ben

0 0
replied on April 10, 2015

I support Ben's idea. Unfortunately out of the box LF Forms options won't get you close to that nice grid layout. Inject custom HTML to give the structure using <div> and <table> elements. Still use the CSS section to provide a feel and jQuery to handle user interaction/population of the data to pass on to workflow.

 

-Carl

0 0
replied on April 10, 2015

Thanks for your feedback. I think we may just make this one a PDF form and have a LF form they can use to upload it to Laserfiche instead.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.