You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Percent change formula in Javascript

asked on February 9, 2015 • Show version history

In LF Forms we have a field that needs to calculate the % change between two salaries (current and new).  We have tried the below javascript/css combo but it's not working.  

CSS:

Current Sal: num1

New Sal: num2

%change: numtotal

 

JavaScript:

$(document).ready(function () {
$('.num1').on('blur change', '.num1 input', numtotal);
$('.num2').on('blur change', '.num2 input', numtotal);

function numtotal() {
var num1 = num1.value;
var num2 = num2.value;
return ((num2 - num1) / num1 * 100 + "%");
}

0 0

Answer

APPROVED ANSWER
replied on February 9, 2015 • Show version history

you are definitely not referring to the fields accurately. You also did not include the close parenthesis on the end of your javascript. I have gotten the following code to work. I even made it round to have two decimals only.

BTW, make sure you are using a field that accepts numbers and percentage signs, such as the Single Line type field. 

 

$(document).ready(function () {
  function round(val){
   return Math.round(val * 100) / 100;
  }

  function numtot() {
    var num1 = $('.num1 input').val();
    var num2 = $('.num2 input').val();

    var result = num2 - num1;
    result = result / num1;
    result = round(result);

    $('.numtotal input').val( result+'%');
  }

  $('.num1').on('change blur', 'input', numtot);
  $('.num2').on('change blur', 'input', numtot);
})

 

0 0
replied on February 9, 2015

This worked great!  Thank you!

0 0

Replies

replied on August 23, 2019

I am calculating percentages for each row in a table as shown below. If I change one row, all the rows are changing. How do I make it work just for the current row?

 

0 0
replied on August 26, 2019

Any update please?

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.