You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Are there any known issues with using sdk 9.2 and connecting to a 9.1 server?

asked on December 12, 2014

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out why I can not authenticate Windows Users with my code when I am able to login with the 9.1 Client just fine. I am using the RA library.

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on December 15, 2014

LocalSystem does not actually mean the currently logged in user. It's a special system account that really is only local to that specific machine. If you were trying to do anything that involved authenticating to a remote machine, local system will never be granted access, since the remote machine will have no knowledge of it. 

0 0

Replies

replied on December 15, 2014

Instead of loging into the repository, you should get the session from the Workflow.

See How to get current session from a SDK Script in Workflow

1 0
replied on December 15, 2014

Would you mind pointing me towards Workflow documentation? Is Workflow a separate product?

0 0
replied on December 15, 2014

Sorry, I quickly looked at your code block and saw the class was LFWorkFlow and jumped to the conclusion that you were working on an actual WorkFlow script.

0 0
replied on December 12, 2014 • Show version history

There shouldn't be issues, but does it matter if you try using RA 9.1 instead of RA 9.2? Both are present in the SDK 9.2 package. 

0 0
replied on December 12, 2014

I'm using RA 9.2. I tried to go back to 9.1 and got the same error.

0 0
replied on December 12, 2014

We'd probably need a code snippet then to see what's going on. I assume this is from the same machine where the Client is working? 

0 0
replied on December 12, 2014 • Show version history

Yes. Two vm's. One client and one server. I'm not sure what code would be of use to you.

LFSession.LogIn(username, password, LFRepository); // works with LF admin account
LFSession.LogIn(LFRepository); // does not work

Error I receive: Access denied. [9013]Laserfiche login failed.

EDIT: I have tried using my account as a fully named user and without be a named user. I've tried logging in with someone else's account and received the same error. I've tried using the server name and the server ip with no luck.

EDIT: more code:

public Session LFSession = new Session();
public RepositoryRegistration LFRepository = new RepositoryRegistration(serverName, repoName);

 

0 0
replied on December 12, 2014

Is this a Win Forms app, or something else?  Can you post enough code or give enough context that it's possible for someone else to reproduce this problem?

0 0
replied on December 12, 2014

It's a service.

public class LFWorkflow
    {
        public static string serverName = "sName", repoName = "rName";
        private static string username = "admin", password = "********";

        public Session LFSession = new Session();
        public RepositoryRegistration LFRepository = new RepositoryRegistration(serverName, repoName);

        private bool LoggedIn = false;
        public string WFStatus;

        //Primary execution for the LFWorkflow class.
        public void Start()
        {
            try
            {
                WFStatus = DateTime.Now.ToString() + ": New LFWorkflow class started." + Environment.NewLine;

                try
                {
                    //LFSession.LogIn(username, password, LFRepository);
                    LFSession.LogIn(LFRepository); // no access with win credentials
                    LoggedIn = true;
                }
                catch (LaserficheRepositoryException ex)
                {
                    WFStatus += "Login failure (RA):" + ex.Message;
                }
                catch (Exception ex)
                {
                    WFStatus += "Login failure:" + ex.Message;
                }

                if (LoggedIn)
                {
                    WFStatus += "Successfully logged in to Laserfiche repository: " + LFSession.Repository.Name + " on server: " + LFSession.Repository.ServerName + Environment.NewLine;
                    WFStatus += "Port: " + LFSession.Repository.Port + ". Secure Port: " + LFSession.Repository.SecurePort + Environment.NewLine;
                }
                else
                { WFStatus += "Laserfiche login failed." + Environment.NewLine; }
            }
            catch (LaserficheRepositoryException ex)
            {
                throw ex;
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                throw ex;
            }
            finally
            {
                try
                {
                    LFSession.Close();
                    WFStatus += "Laserfiche connection terminated." + Environment.NewLine;
                }
                catch (Exception) { }
            }
        }

 

0 0
replied on December 12, 2014

And you've configured the service to run as an account that has permission to log in to your Laserfiche repository?

1 0
replied on December 15, 2014

I believe this is the problem. I was able to login with my Win credentials using a WinApp. Any info on configuring the service to run as the right account?

0 0
replied on December 15, 2014

I was able to get it working by changing the log on option accessed in my service's properties. Although I'm not sure if this will help me in the long run. I unchecked Local System account and browsed for my account, but those should be the same accounts.

Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (37.71 KB)
0 0
SELECTED ANSWER
replied on December 15, 2014

LocalSystem does not actually mean the currently logged in user. It's a special system account that really is only local to that specific machine. If you were trying to do anything that involved authenticating to a remote machine, local system will never be granted access, since the remote machine will have no knowledge of it. 

0 0
replied on December 15, 2014

Thanks!

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.