You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

This single-instance application could not connect to the original instance

asked on November 25, 2014 • Show version history

I receive this error when I try to import a .WFX file that was created on a separate machine and instance of Workflow. The version they had for Workflow was 9.2.0.167.

When it imports, it gives me the single-instance error

 

This single-instance application could not connect to the original instance.
---Stack Trace---

   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
   at Laserfiche.Workflow.Designer.SingleInstanceDesigner.Run()

***

 

 as well as, an error stating that the "Roots Element is Missing." 

 

Failed to open workflow 'C:\Users\mhuemmer\Desktop\01SHARED-Student Lookup.wfx'. [0403-WF0]
Root element is missing.
---Stack Trace---

   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.IsStartElement(String name)
   at Laserfiche.Workflow.ComponentModel.WorkflowSerializer.ReadHeader(XmlReader reader)
   at Laserfiche.Workflow.Designer.UI.DUIManager.OpenCanvas(String filepath, Boolean addToRecentFiles)

***

 

I have the same version of workflow designer.

We have save these on other instances of Workflow and have never received these errors. 

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on November 25, 2014

Go back to the original machine and resave it then use File > Open on the new machine.  Same behavior?

0 0

Replies

replied on November 25, 2014

 

This single-instance application could not connect to the original instance.
---Stack Trace---

   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
   at Laserfiche.Workflow.Designer.SingleInstanceDesigner.Run()

***

replied on November 25, 2014

What version of laserfiche.workflow.service.exe do you have?

Are they the same on both machines (source and destination)?

0 0
replied on November 25, 2014 • Show version history

Product Version is the same on both machines.

The version for Laserfiche.Workflow.Service.ext is 9.2.0.167 

The location is the same on both machines, as well.

 

0 0
replied on November 25, 2014 • Show version history

How are you trying to open the file exactly?  Are you using File >Open or Workflow > Import in the Designer?

0 0
replied on November 25, 2014

I copied the workflow .wfx file and saved it on my desktop. I tried to double click on the file type to open it in Workflow, as well as, I went to File > Open...

This has worked before with other machines. 

If I need to export the workflow to import a .wfi file I can. 

0 0
replied on November 25, 2014

 Same Behavior.

0 0
replied on November 25, 2014

We tried another attempt. It was corrupted over Email. We are able to publish the workflows.

0 0
replied on November 25, 2014

Glad it works Mason.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.