I think a Laserfiche Notification Agent that runs in the background on your Windows PC and pops up with vital information would be a great addition to the Laserfiche suite.
I envisage such an app to do a few basic things to start with:
- Configured with the user's own authentication details
- Runs in the background
- Monitors LF Business Processes and notifies the user when they are required to participate
- Monitors LF Forms Processes and notifies the user when they are required to participate
- Monitors WF and if an entry is routed to this user/group then notify the user
- Have easy to access shortcuts/links to the relevant entry/form via the notification
- Notification would slide up from the system tray...something similar
- Notification Agent could display a number of outstanding notifications
- Notify users when something has been completed (Import process, OCR process, Generate Pages, Business Process etc.)
- Remind the user that a BP/Forms Task is reaching overdue status etc.
- Use the Notification agent to send out a customised/manually triggered notification setup by the system administrator to inform users about system maintenance etc. eg. "Please logout within the next 10 minutes, LF server will be rebooted"
Having such an agent could mean less emails flying around, trying to notify users of tasks etc. I find that one has to be careful when use email as a method of communication/notification.
This also means users don't necessarily always have to be logged into Laserfiche to know if there is work to do.
If anyone else has ideas for features for such an agent, please feel free to add.