You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Remove all rights from Entry

asked on August 5, 2014 • Show version history

Hi All,

 

My colleague asked this question some time ago but it appears it never got an answer.

 

https://support.laserfiche.com/forums.aspx?Link=viewtopic.php%3ft%3d18635%26amp

 

Basically I want to completely clear all the rights assigned to an entry before assigning some new ones using Workflow. I can't seem to see an obvious way to do this. I can remove rights or assign rights but not completely clear all rights....

 

Any ideas or am I missing something obvious here?

 

Cheers!

 

Basically need something like this http://www.laserfiche.com/SolutionExchange/Article/clear-entry-access-rights-from-an-entry but in workflow...

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on August 6, 2014

We had a similar request over in this thread. Basically, you can leverage the "Assign Rights" activity in Workflow to clear rights out, use the utility you listed, or write a small script. There are examples of all three. Most of our tools require that you specify a user or group when you change security rights, so your solution is probably going to be the best bet.

0 0

Replies

replied on August 6, 2014

Thanks for the reply Zachary.

 

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious and to clarify that there isn't an "out of the box" solution that can cater for this scenario.

 

Having said that can I make a request that this gets considered as a feature request?

Would be nice to be able to clear all access rights on a document and get a 'clean slate' when assigning access rights in workflow. I'm surprised actually that this isn't already included in the current functionality.

 

Cheers!

1 0
replied on August 6, 2014

The developers have been notified, and I tagged your post with "Feature Request". 

1 0
replied on August 5, 2014

I've got around this for now by creating a group that contains all the users apart from Admin & Workflow user. This is sort of an everyone group.

 

Still it would be nice to know if this is possible.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.