I’m trying to understand how self-hosted Laserfiche Workflow limits concurrent HTTP Web Request activities across workflow instances and definitions.
The Task Threads documentation mentions activity-specific caps for searches, database/directory tasks, and email, but I haven’t found an explicit limit for HTTP Web Request.
Web service configuration also includes “Run activities that use this web service as a task.”
Could someone clarify:
- With that option enabled, which thread pool handles HTTP Web Request activities, and what controls the maximum concurrent requests?
- Is there an additional limit per web service?
- Does a request occupy a task/thread slot for the entire time it waits for the remote server to respond?
- If the option is disabled, what concurrency limits apply instead?
- Does this behavior differ between Workflow 11 and 12?
For example, if 100 workflow instances reach an HTTP Web Request activity calling the same endpoint, how many requests can actually be in flight simultaneously, and where do the remaining requests queue?
I’m specifically asking about throttling within Workflow, separate from rate limits imposed by the destination API or Laserfiche Cloud.