You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Naming Forms PDF

asked on August 20 • Show version history

I'm using LF12 Modern Designer. I created an email task in process diagram. When attaching a PDF the name of the PDF is generic "Form.pdf". Is there a way to rename the name of from a dropdown field? Something like "VendorName.pdf"

PS. I would like to stay out of WF if I can.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Forms Naming PDF.png
Forms Naming PDF 2.png
0 0

Replies

replied on August 20

The name of the PDF is derived from the name of the form you are attaching. It sounds like when you created the Form page in the BP you generically named it "Form". In the Form Designer, you could change the Form name, not the Form Title, to something that more specifically identifies the Form such as "Permit Application". This can't be changed to a variable

0 0
replied on August 20

This is actually reported before, see https://answers.laserfiche.com/questions/202678/Forms--Custom-attachment-name-in-User-Task-or-Email-Task#228913

However this is not planned yet because there will be multiple files in a File Upload field. Thanks for reporting this again, we'd like to collect more votes first then decide if this is a feature request.

You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.