You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Auto Populate a Table Field

asked on August 12 • Show version history

Hi All, as the title indicates. I'm using Laserfiche 12 modern designer for this project. On the table i would like to populate the Reporting/Rule field with the set of numbers from a single text field. If need be, I can separate the sets of three digit into single text fields. How, there can be more then those three presented. I have a limit of 15 Units

Allocation Table.png
Allocation Table2.png
0 0

Replies

replied on August 13 • Show version history

2 possibilities. Have hidden fields for every possible value for your 15 possible. Use field formulas to parse the value into these 15 hidden fields. Then in the RU/Rule column use a a pretty complex formula to use the value from one of your 15 hidden based on ROW(). I am thinking a huge nested IF statement. 

The other possibility, which is less work, is to use JavaScript to parse the value and populate per row. Reference how to use the LFForm object in this documentation.

0 0
replied on August 13 • Show version history

I've tried both ways. I did the 15 hidden fields first and somewhere i got lost. And the JS, i wasn't getting any results. I'll keep trying. I would rather go the JS though. Thanks

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.