You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

API Export failed with reason: Failed to report audit event

asked on August 6

Trying to use swagger and test exporting a pdf.  I can export images, text, but cannot export pdf files.  
 

{ "type": "unknown", "title": "Export failed with reason: Failed to report audit event.", "status": 500, "instance": "/v2/Repositories/Vital8/Entries/868890/Export", "operationId": "73a5977e59f949389d6f5b251a621d44", "errorSource": "Laserfiche Server", "errorCode": 0, "traceId": "40001518-0001-f100-b63f-84710c7967bb" }

 

The default json is:
{
  "auditReasonId": 0,
  "auditReasonComment": "",
  "part": "Edoc"
}

I've taken out the auditreason sections, still same error, I've added "format": "PDF" to the json, we do use audit trail.  I can get the document to export in V1, but not V2. I can download it manually from the repository with no issues.   I've read https://developer.laserfiche.com/docs/guides/documents-and-folders/guide_exporting-documents/#simple-export

No matter what I do I cannot get it to not say MultiPageTIFF

 

[73a5977e59f949389d6f5b251a621d44]:LFRepositoryAPI started at 2026-08-06T13:30:27.8124574Z.
[INFO+0ms(291)]Correlated operation: 40001518-0001-f100-b63f-84710c7967bb
[INFO+0ms(291)][POST] https://.........../LFRepositoryAPI/v2/Repositories/Vital8/Entries/868890/Export
[INFO+0ms(291)]Got sessionkey from contextAuthorization header
[INFO+9ms(291)]ExportType EDOC
[INFO+9ms(291)]DocumentFormat DOCUMENT_FORMAT_TIFF
[ERR+33ms(263)]Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
OBJECT REFERENCE NOT SET TO AN INSTANCE OF AN OBJECT.

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on August 6 • Show version history

Thanks for reporting this Wesley.  This is a known bug and we should be releasing a fix soon.  In the meantime, a workaround is to add a valid audit reason and specify that in the export or turn off export audit for this user.

 

Andrew

0 0

Replies

You are not allowed to reply in this post.
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.