You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Exclusive Gateway - Destination Order

asked on August 4

Hello all, I have a couple of questions.  We are using Laserfiche Forms 12.  In the attachment/screen shot I have provided, which destination will be executed first?  Also, if you have multiple destinations, should the default destination always be last?

Screenshot 2026-08-04 130152.jpg
0 0

Replies

replied on August 6

Steve probably knows better than we do, but my understanding was that the conditions were evaluated in order, so the default condition needed to be listed last (because otherwise, the process would take that path and not evaluate any further). Perhaps that's changed with later versions, and we're just in the habit now? But we always make sure the default condition is last in the list.

1 0
replied on August 5

The order changes based on where the inputs and outputs are located on the gateway so in the end it comes down to finding a condition match, regardless of the order they are in. You want to make your conditions unique enough that the order wouldn’t matter. It will only follow the default if none of the other conditions find a match. The thing you want to think about when setting a default is, is this really where I want the process to flow to when none of the others match or one might say when all of the conditions fail.. An example would be the default path next activity might be to an email, so the question would be, do I want the email to be sent if none match/all fail, or maybe I’d prefer to set the condition for when that email should be sent and change the default to a different path.

0 0
replied on August 7

I like to think of the default gateway as the freebie. Set everything else that is NOT the default. 

0 0
replied on August 21

Thanks everyone for the replies.  They really helped!

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.