I have a system where the LFDS AD Sync seems to be failing as we have not had new users brought in for a while now. In Event Viewer\Laserfiche\Directory Service\Server\Operational trace I am seeing this error message multiple times per minute. I don't know if it is related or not, but thought it might be.
Log Name: Laserfiche-Directory Service-Server/Operational
Source: Laserfiche-Directory Service-Server
Date: 7/27/2026 8:36:53 AM
Event ID: 2
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords:
User: XXXX
Computer: XXXX
Description:
System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Laserfiche.LicenseManager.LMFault]: Exception of type 'CoreLibrary.TrusteeNotFoundException' was thrown. (Fault Detail is equal to Laserfiche.LicenseManager.LMFault).
Type:
System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Laserfiche.LicenseManager.LMFault]
Stack Trace:
at Laserfiche.LicenseManager.LicenseCacheEntry.GetSidNameUse(String name, String organizationName)
at Laserfiche.LicenseManager.LicenseManagerService.LookupTrusteeName(LicenseManagerServiceCallArgs _args)
at Laserfiche.LicenseManager.LicenseManagerService.DispatchFunction(LicenseManagerServiceCall func, LicenseManagerServiceCallArgs args)
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Laserfiche-Directory Service-Server" Guid="XXXX" />
<EventID>2</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x2000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2026-07-27T12:36:53.148039400Z" />
<EventRecordID>719803</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4256" ThreadID="196" />
<Channel>Laserfiche-Directory Service-Server/Operational</Channel>
<Computer>XXXX</Computer>
<Security UserID="XXXX" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="Message">System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Laserfiche.LicenseManager.LMFault]: Exception of type 'CoreLibrary.TrusteeNotFoundException' was thrown. (Fault Detail is equal to Laserfiche.LicenseManager.LMFault).
Type:
System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Laserfiche.LicenseManager.LMFault]
Stack Trace:
at Laserfiche.LicenseManager.LicenseCacheEntry.GetSidNameUse(String name, String organizationName)
at Laserfiche.LicenseManager.LicenseManagerService.LookupTrusteeName(LicenseManagerServiceCallArgs _args)
at Laserfiche.LicenseManager.LicenseManagerService.DispatchFunction(LicenseManagerServiceCall func, LicenseManagerServiceCallArgs args)</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
I didn't see any other posts on Answers about this error. Has anyone seen this before or know how to troubleshoot it?
LFDS version 12.0.2511.289