You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Weblink Upgrade from 10.1 to 11 sp 6 and Welcome Page

asked on May 21

Greetings, I held off on the upgrade to WL 11 hoping the upgrade from 10.1 would have improved. I upgraded using the latest version of 11 with update 6. I was surprised that most everything did come over more so that 11 with update 2. However, I am a little disappointed that Welcome pages is now all scrunched together. I had a logo, then below that the Title for page as I have several custom WL pages for different departments and each have their own title and then their own Custom Links and Search Forms. Then at the bottom is a footer. This all was once in the Welcom.aspx file and likely in others too, but this formatting did not get brought over with the upgrade. Fortunately this is a test server that was completely working prior to the upgrade so I know the configuration was good. What I see now, is the top bar with the Help, About, and Sign Out buttons, which I do not want on our public page. Where would I remove this now?

On the logo is below the top bar instead of being the top item and then the Title, Custom Links and Search forms are right in the middle of the logo, instead of below it. Where would I go to separate them and how?

Then, there is the footer that I had in the Welcome.aspx and copying it to the new Welcome.aspx does not seem to work, unless I am copying to the wrong location.

Could someone direct me to where I can actually find references to how to fix this in WL 11? The Designer has little improvement and is of no help in formatting this page. I had hoped it would have bee improved, but here we are.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

0 0

Replies

replied on May 22

Have you reviewed the documentation?
Customizing WebLink

0 0
replied on May 22

I have not recently. I have worked extensively with the Designer and it does not contain the simple settings or functionality I have need of. I have not worked with Visual Studio. I have always found ways to do what I needed through these forums, or opening a case with our reseller, but now they insist on charging even though their update caused the sites Welcome page to be altered. Again, this is only a test server, but the ultimate goal is to upgrade live but will not unless what I need to do can be figured out. I am not finding what I need for this version yet but still looking. I can't say I am finding the same information I found before with older versions either.

0 0
replied on May 29

So far I have only found a way to hide the Help, About and Sign Out buttons due to running across another thread I had an answer too, and this helped, but I still have not had any luck finding where I can move the Links to a lower place on the Welcome page instead of right on top of the logo. In 10.1 I have it separate, but I can't figure it out on 11. I did find the control to change the font size, but not location. I am also still trying to find where I can include text for a footer. Essentially a disclaimer on the Welcome page. Any ideas?

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.