You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

How to see template usage by document age?

asked on May 19

I have a customer asking if it is possible to see all templates that have not been used for over 3 years. Is this possible?

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on May 19

Audit Traill report on Assign Template events over the past 3 years would be the easiest way assuming you are auditing those events for everybody. 

If that's not an option, I would try direct SQL

  select pset_name from propset
  where pset_id not in 
  (
    select distinct pset_id from toc
     where modified >= GETDATE() - 3*365 and pset_id is not null
     )

This would make a few assumptions:

  • The template was assigned in the past 3 years
  • At least one document with a given template assigned in the past 3 years still exists in the repo

So you'd want to back that up with checking whether there are any documents with one of these templates before committing to cleanup.

1 0
replied on May 20 • Show version history

They did not have audit trail and I was a little concerned with knowing if a template was ever used or not.

I ended up searching for all docs created in the last 3 years and downloading a text report of just the template column. Then I downloaded a text report of the all templates from admin console and ran a differential.

Thanks for these alternatives though.

0 0

Replies

You are not allowed to reply in this post.
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.