You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Unable to Save Word (.docx) Output from Update Word Document Activity

asked on May 15

Hi,

I'm working on a Laserfiche Cloud Workflow where I use the Update Word Document activity to populate merge fields in a Word template and save the result to the repository. The workflow currently saves the output as a PDF, which is working fine.

However, I need both the filled-in Word document (.docx) and the PDF version saved to the repository.

Here is the issue I'm running into:

Even when I uncheck the "Convert to PDF" option in the Update Word Document activity, the output is still always a PDF, the Word version is never produced. I cannot get the activity to output a .docx file regardless of that setting.

Because of this, I am unable to save a Word version of the document to the repository alongside the PDF.

Could you please advise on why the activity always converts to PDF regardless of the setting, and what the recommended approach is to save both file formats to the repository from a single workflow?

Thank you

Screenshot 2026-05-15 163236.jpg
Screenshot 2026-05-15 163426.jpg
0 0

Replies

replied on May 15

What are you using on Attach Offer Letter 4? Is it the output of Update Master Template?

 

0 0
replied on May 15

Yes, it is 

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.