When scanning, either using QuickFields client, or using the LF Scanning via the Desktop client, the pages are scanned, and I can see them show up in LF Scanning, and can see them via the slide show in QF. When scanning is finished, I can select each document scanned and verify that pages are there. By the time I check the last document in the list, if I go back to the top of the list and click on a document, the pages are missing and a red X shows up on the thumbnail. The placeholder document is still there in the document manager or in the scanning pane and all of the metadata is there but no pages. This is on a dedicated scan station machine where users log in via windows auth. It happens to all users but only on this machine. Has anyone seen this behavior? They are on the most recent version of LF 12.
Question
Question
Replies
Hi,
Based on our investigation so far, I’ve identified that the issue is likely related to the local Quick Fields image cache stored under: "C:\ProgramData\Laserfiche\Quick Fields\Files\"
Each scanning session creates files within subfolders under this directory. These files are used to display the scanned pages.
-
When the image files in this directory are deleted or become inaccessible, the behavior matches exactly what you’re seeing: page images disappear and show as a red X
-
We are able to reproduce the issue internally by manually deleting files from this location.
Since the exact subfolder may vary per session, we would like your help to confirm what happens on your machine:
1. During scanning: open folder "C:\ProgramData\Laserfiche\Quick Fields\Files\" (navigate through the subfolders and locate newly created .tif files)
2. When the issue occurs and check
- Are the .tif files still present?
- If they exist, can you open them manually?