You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

How to retrieve metadata from 5 different entries and compare values in Workflow

asked on May 11

Hi everyone,

In Laserfiche Cloud Workflow, how can I retrieve field values from 5 different entries in the same folder so I can compare their metadata later in the workflow?

Each entry has its own template and fields. I need to get specific metadata values from each document, store them separately, and then use conditional logic to compare them.

What is the best way to structure this?

Should I use separate “Find Entries” and “Retrieve Field Values” activities for each document, or is there a better approach when working with multiple entries?

Captura de pantalla 2026-05-11 121422.png
0 0

Replies

replied on May 11

   I did this and it worked

replied on May 13

Because each entry has it's own template and fields, you should use different individual retrieve field values activities on each entry based on the template assigned within a conditional decision tree. You can find all 5 entries, and perform a for each entry, but inside this loop you should conditionalize the fact that your working with different data on each entry.

0 0
replied on May 13

This is an interesting question Omar! I think it really depends on what information you have about your files. Do you know all of their names or IDs specifically? If so, it would be easy to find each entry and compare each one. It sounds like they have different templates, so you would need to know which template you are looking for with each file. 
If you are instead looking for all of the files in the folder, you could use a loop like you are now. But you would need to be looking for the same information across all files in the loop. 

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.