You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Retrieving Image and text count in a folder in workflow

asked on May 8

Good day,

I am looking to extract the equivalent of the "Image count" and "Text count" properties for a folder in a Laserfiche Workflow. I tried to perform a "Search" or a "Find Entries" activity and extract "OCRed Pages" and "Page count" properties but it does not seem to get the results I need.

Any idea how this can be achieved ? Manual count is not an option as this would have to be done for thousands of folders.

Thanks

0 0

Replies

replied on May 8

That information is not stored, it's calculated on request when the user opens that tab. It's somewhat expensive to calculate, so Workflow does not have a built-in way to get it. 

0 0
replied on May 8

Absolutely, I get this is expensive in term of calculations, but I would expect we could do these calculations, for example in an SDK script activity ?

 

Thank you !

 

0 0
replied on May 9

In a workflow

-First Activity Find Entries In Target Folder - no Criteria all docs  -

- Second Activity Token Calculator- create new token- eg. Token DC - > Insert Find Entries.ResultsCount

 

This will give you a usable token for total count of all entries however not a count of text files and Images separately.

As close you get.   

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.