You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Automated Notification of Files Being Available

asked on May 7

I'm very early on in trying to solve a problem, but I am unsure what the best approach is. We have a business unit who signs into LF daily just to ensure their daily files have imported properly. My hope is to somehow schedule a report/query/etc that can send to the BU email group letting them know how many documents are available for the current date. 

Is there a very simple way to do this? I have some Forms and Workflow experience but I was really hoping this could just be done within the repo itself? 

0 0

Replies

replied on May 7

We just did something similar because our daily reports are sometimes not making it, but you can build a pretty simple workflow that runs on a schedule.  It just needs to search the repository for whatever you're looking for, in our case it's just a quantity of reports, and then emails us the results each morning at 7am.  

3 parts:  

 

Date Token Calculator:  We use this to take today's date and format it to fit what the repository wants for the search m/dd/yyyy.  

 

Search Repository:  Just the syntax of our search with the Date Token replacing the dates.  I generally fill any search field with 999999 or 99/99/9999 just makes it easier to replace with your variable/token.

 

Email:  Then just email the end user with the info they need.  It can be as simple as a Result Count from the search repository task or as complex as you want to make it with the filenames, etc..

search and email.jpg
2 0
replied on May 7

How are you specifying "current date" in the date/time token? 

0 0
replied on May 7

Silly me. I think it is just %Date.

0 0
replied on May 7

Yep, Mine is just:   %(Date#"yyyy//MM//dd"#)   to get the format I want

2 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.