You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Team Approval Task Not Sending Email When Assignment Rule Has No Matches

asked on May 1 • Show version history

I think I may have found a bug (or at least an unexpected behavior) with approval tasks assigned to teams via Assignment Rules.

 

Scenario

I have an approval step assigned to a team, with the option to send back to the submitter.

  • On resubmit by submitter, I want the task to go back to the original approver
  • To do this, I’m using an Assignment Rule with the Include Task Participant(s) filter referencing that approval user task.

 

Expected Behavior

  • First pass: Task is assigned to the team → team receives email notification
  • On resubmit by submitter: Task is routed to the original approver → that individual receives the email

 

Actual Behavior

  • On the first pass, the task participant filter returns no users (since no one has acted yet)
  • The task correctly falls back to the team assignment
  • However, no email notification is sent to the team

 

Result

This causes the first approval step to silently assign to the team without notifying anyone, which can block the process. It appears that the email notifications are only sent when the filter resolves to specific users, not when it falls back to the team.

 

Question

Is this expected behavior? Or should team notifications still fire when the assignment falls back due to an empty filter result?

1 0

Replies

replied on May 13

We're looking in to this issue!

1 0
replied on May 13

Any updates on this?

0 0
replied on May 28

Hi! We just released the fix for this issue.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.