You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Feature Request: Additional LFDSSTS Sign In Customizations

asked on November 16, 2025 • Show version history

I am really liking the new Customize Sign-in Page options for LFDSSTS. There are a few things that I find myself wanting to be able to do that are not currently available and hope they can make it in the next version.

  1. Hide Forgot Password - I would like to be able to hide the Forgot Password link that shows since all of our users use either SAML or AD accounts. End users get confused thinking they can reset their password using that link.
  2. Placeholder Text - I would like to set placeholder text, similar to what we can do in Forms for a field for the username field. Being able to have placeholder text that tells the end user to enter their username in the format of domain\username would really help since we have multiple domains.
  3. Set Start Date and End Date - Currently the Advanced Settings message allows you to set an End Date, but not a Start Date. If I know that we are going to be scheduling maintenance, but don't want the message to show until I specific date, I have to wait to enter the message.
  4. Hide Multifactor Code - We do not use the multifactor code in LFDS but use it for our SAML accounts. Users get confused thinking that they can enter their multifactor code for their SAML account in this field. It would be nice to be able to hide it like the Public Computer option.
  5. Add HTML to Message - It would be great if we could add our own HTML to the Message field. This would allow us to customize the look and feel of the message even further, such as adding links anywhere in the message.
3 0

Replies

replied on April 24

I was really hoping some of these might be included in the Spring 2026 release. Are they being considered for a future version?

1 0
replied on May 7

For #1, and #4, add the follow styles to "Custom CSS"

a.forgot {
  display:none
}

#mfaGroup {
  display: none
}

for #2, you can use custom link e.g., "Link text: Please fill in format domain\username" and with custom CSS

#customLink {
  text-decoration: none;
  color: grey;
}

for #5, for security consideration, we are not allowed to do that in code.

 

If you are familiar with .cshtml, you can edit Login.cshtml,

or copy Login.cshtml to CustomLogin.cshtml and update <add key="CustomLoginPage" value="CustomLogin.cshtml" /> in "C:\Program Files\Laserfiche\Directory Server\Web\WebSTS\Web.config"

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.