You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

interrupted task still has active timer catch event

asked on September 24, 2025 • Show version history

I have a process where the task has two timer catch events attached. Both are configured to interrupt the task.

One interrupts the task a year from Date field captured on initial submission and routes to an end event.

The other interrupts the task 45 days after task is assigned and routes back to task to create a new one.

My understanding was that once one of the time catch events triggered and interrupted the task all other timer catch events would be interrupted as well. 

But I'm seeing multiple instances where the 1 year timer triggers and interrupts the task but the 45 day timer is still active.

 

 

2025-09-23_10h50_15.png
2025-09-24_14h42_25.png
2025-09-24_14h42_36.png
2025-09-24_14h27_56.png
1 0

Replies

replied on September 24, 2025

We’ve just received a ticket reporting a similar issue and have filed bug #616220 for follow-up. As a workaround, you can manually skip/interrupt the timer to complete the instance.

2 0
replied on December 3, 2025

As I'm needing to do manual interruptions of these items on a regular basis with this bug, I've noticed that when doing the manual interruption, it asks for a comment like many of the other actions you can take - but it doesn't display that comment in the process history like the other actions do.

Can that be reported as a bug too?

1 0
replied on April 13

For those of you experiencing this issue, the workaround I've come to use is the Terminate End Event at the end of the process, which ends any other active tasks in the process. The caveat is that it does get treated like a terminated process, so if you have email alerts for that these will set it off. But it's working for me on the process that brought this issue to my attention (I'm on v12).

 

1 0
replied on September 29, 2025

I've been seeing the same issue since upgrading to version 12.

0 0
replied on November 19, 2025

Unfortunately, I'm still seeing this behavior after the 2025H2 upgrade (Version 12.0.2509.20409).

0 0
replied on April 13

@████████, have you seen any other strange behavior after upgrading to 12? We are on the same version as you and are tracking 3 really bad issues. Our VAR is no longer upgrading customers to 12 until they fix the LFDS issues but we are seeing our issues exclusively in Forms. Hopefully you all don't have it as bad as us.

0 0
replied on April 13 • Show version history

I've been pretty happy with the upgrade to 12.

I haven't had any LFDS issues (though I am not using LFDS/STS authentication, just licensing, so that's probably why it hasn't caused me any grief).

I did have some issues at the time of upgrade that took some work to resolved, but this is the only persistent bug that's been annoying me, and I haven't had enough of these tasks to lose sleep over it.

0 0
replied on April 13

ya that's been the consensus that I am hearing from folks. Good to hear sir!

1 0
replied on April 13 • Show version history

I need to jump on the bandwagon here. We are experiencing the exact same issue after the October release of version 12. Please fix this ASAP! Thanks

 

0 0
replied on April 13 • Show version history

UPDATE: this does NOT resolve the bug. I have the exact same issue again today. It only resolves some of them, not all.....no silver bullet here. 


I may have a workaround for this. I deleted the offending timers from the process. Upon doing so all the ones that were hanging become interrupted:
^notice that 47 day duration!

Then I add a new timer in and set it with a different name than the original. Here is one of those new ones showing completed correctly!


I'm still monitoring this since the cause of the bug is unknown. Let me know if that does the trick or not please. Inquiring minds want to know :)

 

0 0
replied on April 13

I've just been interrupting the hanging items and hoping the release later this week includes a fix.

0 0
replied on April 14 • Show version history

Forms will not interrupt more than one instance at a time. If I select more than one in monitor and attempt to interrupt, it shows the pop up window listing each out. I click to proceed and then nothing happens. I recall this being a bug left over from 11 actually. My issue is that after i attempt to do more than one, if i go into one of those i tried it will NOT interrupt at the individual instance level. 

@████████, is this intended behavior or did I happen to find another bug? 

here is the stp-by-step:
Select 5 to interrupt from monitor:


The system attempts to iterrupt:


..and they are back as In progress:


i go into one of those that were selected and see the timer bug is still there and attempt to interrupt:





Fail. After refresh of the browser tab all the options remain present indicating it is not completed nor interrupted. If I go back to monitor it still shows In Progress:


However, if i go to each individual timer step, I can interrupt them individually. So that's what i had to do here. I had 250 instances to cleanup. Being able to select more than one at a time really would have been helpful here.
 

0 0
replied on April 14

We have a bug tracking a very related issue that should be released with the next self hosted release. #616220

3 0
replied on April 20

Hi Chris,

This bug #616220 has been fixed in Forms Spring 2026 release (12.0.2603.30215), you can see more details from https://doc.laserfiche.com/laserfiche.documentation/12/userguide/en-us/content/intro-release-information.htm?tocpath=Laserfiche%20User%20Guide%7CLaserfiche%2012%20Release%20Information%7C_____0.

For already affected instances, simply interrupt the timer.

3 0
replied on April 20

Yes I saw that! Great! We are waiting for out VAR to test your release and give us approval to actually use it. We are looking forward to getting this resolved. Thank you again!

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.