You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Discussion

Discussion

Dumbest Cloud WF Glitch ever.

posted on September 20, 2025 • Show version history

When things don't work right, we like to say, "It's always something stupid." 95% of the time that's exactly right. Case in point: We have a workflow task that tries to check whether a folder has a particular template. Time after time, it fails, even though it looks right:

 

A real head scratcher. Checking the condition next:

Do you see it?  Pausing...

 

Yes, that is an untrimmed space behind the value. Seriously? I said to myself, "You have got to be kidding me!"

Hopefully this saves you a good deal of time and frustration.

3 0
replied on September 22, 2025

I can't even count the number of times I've had that space at the end of something that messed me up!  At least once it was a login name!  It can take a long time to catch that and I've had it happen enough times that it is one of the first things I check now.

2 0
replied on September 22, 2025

It's such a challenging nuance to debug. It's similar to copying a cell from Excel, and getting an invisible tab for free.

2 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.