You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Modern Forms URL Parameters & Drop-Downs

asked on August 18, 2025 • Show version history

I recently converted a LF Form from Classic to the Modern Designer. Previously I would pass parameter values in the URL, which would populate a drop-down field. The drop-down field is based on a lookup. This worked fine in Classic, but I am finding that the Modern Designer won't accept any values that aren't hard-coded choices in the drop-down. In other words, even if the value I'm passing is valid based on the lookup, it seems to not accept it.

 

Any solutions for this? 

0 0

Replies

replied on August 18, 2025

I wouldn't have guessed URL parameters worked that way, but I tested it myself. I brought it up with the team and added it to our list of lookup enhancements we're working on right now.

In the meantime you can use JS to get this to work. Let me know if you want to test that out.

1 0
replied 4 hours ago

Haven't had any luck using javascript to accomplish this myself.  Any update on this?

0 0
replied on June 22

We just encountered this, and I'm glad to see it's a known issue. Just commenting to note it's not yet resolved.

1 0
replied on September 22

Just another comment to see if this is sorted out yet...

1 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.