When will on-premises clients have access to the API version 2.0?
Question
Question
When will API version 2.0 release for on-premises clients
Answer
Hopefully today! We are just finalizing the packaging into the Laserfiche 12 installer and some documentation updates, but it will be out this week. We will post an Answers announcement once it's available in the installer.
Andrew
Replies
It is scheduled for Fall 2025.
Hi Laserfiche,
Any updates when this is being released?
Thanks!
Josh,
We had some related work that needed to be performed before we could start on this, so it delayed the project a bit. But the main project is underway and are expecting a release early 2026 Q1 (but we are trying to release sooner).
Andrew
Hello,
Has there been any updates on when on-premise customer will have access to API version 2?
Scheduled for Spring 2026.
Blake is correct and we are on track for that release timeframe. As we get closer to completion I will update with a more specific release date.
Whatcom County is also awaiting the release of API v2 for on premise customers. Please let us know when it is available. Thank you!
We should be releasing within a month or so, just wrapping up the final stages now.
Great to hear Andrew! Also just check - will 'versioning' of documents via the API (getting version info, editing/replacing/deleting specific versions, setting versioning to 'true/false' etc) be coming soon too?
I'm not sure how soon, but that is on our backlog as an important capability to expose via the API. Once we have v2 for self-hosted, we will start reviewing the backlog and prioritizing new features.
Any updates on the release of on-premise API version 2?
Hopefully today! We are just finalizing the packaging into the Laserfiche 12 installer and some documentation updates, but it will be out this week. We will post an Answers announcement once it's available in the installer.
Andrew
Fantastic news - thanks Andrew!
Is the API version 2 for self hosted available in the LF12 Installer as of today?
Yes, you can access it from the Laserfiche Installer.
I tried to install API v2 with the Laserfiche Installer and got this error:
That's strange. I downloaded and installed it yesterday without any issue.
Was yours an update or fresh install?
Update
Hi Chris! Do you have the most up to date version of the Laserfiche installer launcher?
The version shows in the bottom right corner of the installer. It should be at least version 12.0.2511.923.
If not, please try redownloading and installing the Laserfiche Installer from the Laserfiche Support Site.
@████████- that was it, I didn't have the latest version of the installer, once I installed the latest version, I was able to update the api.