You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Adding alt text to an image within a custom theme in modern forms designer?

asked on April 16, 2025

I am wondering if anyone has had success with adding alt text to an image within a custom theme header in modern Forms designer? Forms Classic allows alt text to be added right after uploading the image, but I'm not seeing this equivalent in modern Forms designer. 

We're operating on Forms Professional 11.0.2311.50564 with plans to upgrade to 12 later this year. Perhaps this has been addressed in Forms 12?  

Starting the process of reviewing about 200 org-wide forms that need to meet ADA accessibility compliance standards by April 2026, so hoping to bypass a ton of individual workarounds. smiley

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on April 16, 2025

Since Forms 12 the logo name is used as alt text. There is no place for customization but you can change it through db table.

0 0
replied on April 17, 2025

This is great news, thank you! 

0 0

Replies

replied on February 27

I am in the same boat.  What db table is this found in?  

0 0
replied on March 2

You can find them in table [dbo].[cf_theme], and [type] "user" is for custom themes.

replied on March 2

You can find the image name, such as logoName, in the json field of the [dbo].[cf_theme] table. Value "user" in the type field is for custom themes.

0 0
replied on March 2

Thank you.  I just upgraded to Laserfiche Forms 12, where do I put the Alt text code?  In the Json code field?  

0 0
replied on March 2

Yes, you can change the alt text using the logoName property inside the json code field. Remember to reselect the edited theme and save it in the forms designer.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.