You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Using IP Address Variable in Workflow

asked on November 12, 2024 • Show version history

Hi all, 

 

I'm looking to embed the IP address in a forms submission. I am on Workflow and forms V11.

 

I have seen that in the documentation there is a variable {/dataset/_fs_submission_ip_address} however 1. The field data is not populating(I understand that under default submission its not there but it should still be stored in the variable.

2. When I pass it to workflow I can't see the variable to extract

 

Thanks

 

1 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on November 12, 2024

On Forms side, the variable {/dataset/_fs_submission_ip_address} is for previous submission ip address, so it can only be used in later form to show the ip address for a previous user submission.

3 0
replied on November 13, 2024

Ahh ok, thanks I missed that, it is working now

0 0

Replies

replied on November 12, 2024

Hi Shan,

Feature Backlog item for Using IP Address Variable in Workflow has been created, #554285 and #554283. Thanks.

1 0
replied on November 13, 2024

Great, thank you

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.