You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

How to make selections searchable by an abbreviation?

asked on September 27, 2024 • Show version history

Trying to make abbreviations used as searchable for proper names of States. I.E. when you put in WA, the state of Washington would auto-populate. 

 

0 0

Answer

APPROVED ANSWER
replied on September 27, 2024

You tagged the post as "Forms Layout Designer" meaning the Modern/New designer.  You can't alter the built-in functionality of fields in the Modern designer.

I think your best bet is to either:

  1. Have two fields - one for entering the abbreviation, and the second to populate the full name based on the first field.
    or
  2. Include the Abbreviations in the names, like UT-Utah, TX-Texas, etc.
2 0
replied on September 27, 2024

Thank you. I went with the second option. 

0 0

Replies

You are not allowed to reply in this post.
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.