You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

How to auto populate a drop down answer into another field?

asked on July 9, 2024

I have a drop down that is auto populated based on a lookup to a SQL table. How can I have another field auto populate with an answer selected from that drop down on a different tab within the form?

0 0

Replies

replied on July 10, 2024

On the field you want to auto populate, select Advanced and enter =FieldVariableName (select the variable of the dropdown field).  It will show whatever was selected from your dropdown field.  

2 0
replied on July 10, 2024

Ah, I knew I was missing something. Thank you! That worked!

0 0
replied on May 12

Is this true also in Forms 12? I don't see that option. Just the calculation box and if you select = and then the variable it throws an error 

0 0
replied on May 12

The calculation field is where you want to put your formula.  Make sure you are using the exact variable name from the carrot.  Is there anything different about the fields?  Is your dropdown field in a table or collection?  
What error message are you getting?

1 0
replied on May 12

I have a list of teller numbers that are set up in a check box and pulling from a stored procedure. When they click a check box, I need it to populate the teller Selection box. If multiples are selected, they would just fill with a ";" between them (example: 61;62;63) 

0 0
replied on May 12

I think I answered this on a different post.  Checkbox fields work different than drop down fields, which is what this post was referencing.  This post:Forms: How can we remove underscores from checkbox values? The definitive solution please. - Laserfiche Answers
explains how to use the formula for a checkbox to get the multiple values in a single line field.  

0 0
replied on May 12

Thank you for the link, my check box list is populated from a stored procedure, so I don't have prepopulated "values". How would I handle that?

0 0
replied on May 12

I see what you mean using a lookup.  Since there is no assigned value you can't use the variable in the formula.  I'm not sure there is another way to grab the results into another field without a submission to capture the variable results.  Are you using the Teller Selection field as a variable in an email notification or info in another step?

0 0
replied on May 12

The purpose of the check boxes are to update the data populated in the table below.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.