You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Formula Counting Selected Checkboxes in Table Column

asked on June 24, 2024 • Show version history

Hi all,

I'm attempting to use a formula to count selected checkboxes in a table.  The table variable is MyTable and the checkbox variable is MyCheckbox.  I've looked at various examples on this forum but it's not working for me.

 

=COUNTIF(MyTable.MyCheckbox,"<>")

 

I'm getting an error "Calculation contains invalid variable".  What am I missing here?

 

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on June 24, 2024 • Show version history

This post should help you: https://answers.laserfiche.com/questions/171042/Using-a-formula-to-count-checkboxes#186312

You have to look at each checkbox for it is checked or not (TRUE/FALSE) 

1 0

Replies

replied on June 24, 2024

Thank you Angela and Sarah for your replies.  This worked

=COUNTIF(MyTable.MyCheckbox.X,"TRUE")

I was using Javascript to count the checked rows but that's much slower.  :-)

 

1 0
replied on June 24, 2024

Glad you got it sorted!

0 0
replied on June 24, 2024

I think your formula should be something like this:

=COUNTIF([MyTable.MyCheckbox.Choice_1,MyTable.MyCheckbox.Choice_2,MyTable.MyCheckbox.Choice_3],"TRUE")

I believe you need to reference each option, rather than the variable as a whole.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.