Hello,
I am having trouble making this work for me.
I am trying to get it to create the PDF first but I can only get a blank PDF that doesn't have my variables in it from the Form or the Form itself.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
Hello,
I am having trouble making this work for me.
I am trying to get it to create the PDF first but I can only get a blank PDF that doesn't have my variables in it from the Form or the Form itself.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
I don't see anything involving Laserfiche Forms in your workflow. Did you intend to grab field values from your Forms process to use to fill a separate PDF? If so, you'd need to:
I think I have all of that already. I am able to get the data from the form, but it is just not going into the Fillable PDF.
I just tried it by using the Retrieve Business Process Variables and it didn't create the file.
Thank you, I am sure there is something I am missing.
Seems like you have the wrong order of things here.
I think that you reversed steps 3 and 4, so the filled-out PDF never got attached. You must attach the electronic document after the PDF has already been filled out. Otherwise, you're just attaching the master PDF.
Kevin,
I got it to work. I was looking in the wrong area. I checked the permissions for the fields for the Forms Access Group and they were not set. I set them to Read, Create and it worked.
This is the breakdown for each step in the Workflow.
Retrieve Field Values from the Template I used in the form. Selected the fields that I wanted to put in the Fillable PDF.
Create Entry - named it Fillable PDF and set the Destination for where I want it to go. (I know there is probably some double work in here, but I will play with it to polish it.)
Attach Electronic Document I selected the PDF that I created that has the fillable fields on it. I made sure to select Other Entry and Create Entry.
For the Fill Out PDF Form, I just selected the PDF again and matched the fields with the variables coming from the LF Form.
Routed the Entry to a desired Folder.
I threw in a Rename Entry so I can get the name right. I can probably do this at the Create Entry and it would work.
Last, I used a Move Entry to move it where I want it. Again, I can probably do this at the Create Entry but I will see what happens.
Thanks!
That's great news! I didn't even think to check the field permissions. That has gotten me before as well. Glad you figured it out.
Hi Manuel,
Have you tried the retrieve values on the signature field?
I trying to achieve this as our PDF form has to be signed also.
Please let me know or if any work around achieving this.
Thank you.
Hi Arvin,
I didn't think to do that but it is something that I think we can try.
Thanks!
Yes please, let me know if that works. Thank you.