You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Windows 11 Install screens

asked on March 12, 2024 • Show version history

Has anyone else seen that on Windows 11 the install screens cannot be expanded nor maximized. I have only seen Connector and QuickField so far but I'm not looking forward to seeing the desktop client install menu! 



so this tiny arrow is what needs to be clicked:

1 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on March 12, 2024

You might check your display settings - I've had some weirdness if your size isn't 100%

3 0

Replies

replied on March 12, 2024

Thanks! great little piece of info to know :)

0 0
replied on March 12, 2024

What was the display resolution and scale on your screen?

0 0
replied on March 12, 2024 • Show version history

Scale was 150%, changed it 125%. Resolution is 1920 x 1080

I just received my new laptop and it is Win 11, so I am still acclimating to all the differences.

1 0
replied on March 12, 2024

We'll look into it. Funny enough, i was also looking at it on a Win 11 laptop with 1920 by 1080 resolution and 150% scale. I could see the issue, but it didn't look so bad.

3 0
replied on March 12, 2024

Import Agent Config is also affected by this setting as well. 

0 0
replied on March 12, 2024

Right, the Autorun is the same for all.

0 0
replied on March 13, 2024

Can you try something, please? In the Quick Fields installer, under en-US, there is a file called autorun.xml. Please open it in a text editor and change

<title>Laserfiche Quick Fields 11</title>

to

<title size='200'>Laserfiche Quick Fields 11</title>

then save your changes and re-launch Autorun.exe and see if it looks any better. 

(you will need to extract the ISO file locally in order to be able to modify the XML file)

0 0
replied on March 13, 2024 • Show version history

I did it on Connector since I had it locally. 

After those changes, here it is at scale 150% (recommended):


and at 125%:


Look the same to me, or extremely close to the same font size. Spacing is different on scale difference.  

0 0
replied on March 13, 2024

Right, you would need to mount the ISO, copy the contents to a local folder to be able to save the file. Then run autorun from this new location.

1 0
replied on March 13, 2024

^edited

0 0
replied on March 13, 2024 • Show version history

One more thing. Try changing the <menu> tag to

<menu size='125'>

 

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.